Monday 25 March 2013

Doodle is the New Design

It's funny how things work out. I was already to post the next step of my process, when I discovered a new technique which helps demonstrate my thought process.

Essentially it's to doodle.

I've worked on some doodles based on my graveyard photos.


I start by splitting the page into sections and then fill each section with a doodle. 



There are no rules for this exercise, you just need to move the pen across the page.











It's really interesting to see how different shapes and textures can rub up against each other.

This is the start of stitch pattern formulation. As I doodle, I never think "I want to put X stitch in here" however, when it's completed and I can step back from it, I can see where lace holes can be placed. maybe this could be a twisted stitch,








That's not to say the finished garment will be this patchwork of pattern, but I can start to see what may sit next to each other and what may merge into something else. Then it's the stitch placement.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment